Friday, April 30, 2010

Scripture Box

I found an easy way for families to memorize scripture (my inspiration was found here). The idea originally came from here.

I made one last week with supplies/materials that I already had on hand. We have been working on memorizing scripture for less than a week now and we have memorized 3 scriptures/passages and are starting our 4th. The boys seem to really enjoy it. They are more than willing to work on it (and with boys I think there is a little competition between them or between them and me - to see who can memorize it first, they don't let me forget when I mess up and miss a word or two and they are quick to correct me - I think they actually enjoy catching me).

I am very surprised at how easy it really is. I also love how you are constantly reviewing already learned scriptures (so they stay fresh in your memory).

If you decide to try it for your family, let me know how it works for you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails