Friday, March 7, 2014

Crochet Scarf

A friend of mine saw a scarf online that she asked me if I could make her.  I said I would give it my best shot.  She brought me this blue yarn (chunky) and a jumbo button.


The yarn is Yarn Bee's Effortless Chunky in blue jean.




This is a chunky yarn, but I wanted it to be really chunky (like the pic she showed me).  So I used 2 strands of yarn and crocheted them as they were one.  (I used yarn from both skeins at the same time.)  It took almost both skeins, but there was some left over.


I love this button!


I put a penny next to it so you could see how large the button really is.


Here is the finished scarf.  I wish my friend were here to model it for me.


For not having a pattern, I was really pleased at how it turned out.  It was really close to the picture she showed me.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails