Monday, February 17, 2014

Boot cuffs

I have seen people wearing these adorable accessories called boot cuffs.  I have really been wanting a pair.  So when we have had some snow days and really cold days, I decided to peruse the internet and Pinterest and find some patterns.


The red ones were a free pattern that I found on Ravelry (you must have an account to view patterns, but the account is free) - the name of the crochet pattern is 'Sincerely Pam's Chunky Boot Cuffs.'


The above boot cuffs I just knitted a row (using Lion Brand Yarn - Thick and Quick) as long as I wanted the boot cuff to be tall (I knitted it horizontally and then when I finished I turned it vertically).  I knit several roew using the knit stitch - until I thought I had enough to go around the calf (it will stretch).  Then cast off and use the ail to "sew" the two ends together to form a tube.  Add a button for decoration.

Made a couple of pair like that (lost pic to other pair).



The ruffled boot cuffs I saw a picture of and fell in love with them, but there was no pattern.  Tried to crochet a pair similar to what I saw, so this is my version.  I am learning that I need to crochet tighter (to minimize stretching or to make them smaller than I think I need them).

I have 2 or 3 more pair that I forgot to take a pic or lost the pic and they were gifts.  These are a quick and easy project that is really fun to do.  Great winter project when you just don't want to go outside.

There are so many free (and for purchase) patterns out there.  Check the internet and check Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails