Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Recipe

I made this recipe along with the Quick Coconut Cream Pie to take the the BBQ at my In Laws on the 4th of July. It makes a great summer recipe (no cooking) and it is light and cool. It is an old Pampered Chef recipe (for those that may not know I used to be a PC Consultant for 7 years).

Candy Apple Delight

2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple, drained
8 oz. frozed whipped topping, thawed
3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, sliced and cut into quarters
3 (2 oz.) Snickers candy bars, chopped
1/2 C peanuts, chopped

Mix the pineapple and whipped topping in a medium mixing bowl. Fold in the apples, candy and peanuts. Chill, covered, until serving time.

*Note: Frank suggested adding an extra candy bar and it is better.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

That sounds delicious! I have a red, white and blue party to attend Friday and I may just have to make this dish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails