Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun



Still having fun with my Cricut!

I bought this cute red tub at Lowe's and I used the vinyl for the Cricut machine and this is what I came up with.

I used the Plantin Schoolbook Font cartridge (that came with my Cricut) and cut out Happy 4 in navy blue vinyl using 2 inch letters with the shadow effect. I cut the th (in 4th) out in 1 inch letters - the rest being the same.

Then I used the Plantin Schoolbook Font and cut out Happy 4 in white vinyl using 2 inch letter w/o the shadow effect. I cut the th (in 4th) in 1 inch letters - the rest being the same.

I then layered the white over the blue. I measured the center of my bucket with a measuring tape and marked it with a dry erase marker. Still using the dry erase marker and measuring tape, I drew a line so that my letters would be straight.



Using the Accent Essentials cartridge (that also came with my Cricut) I cut some stars out of the white vinyl and the blue vinyl. I did some plain with each color and some using the shadow effect also of each color. I layered some stars and others I did not as I placed them randomly around the words 'Happy 4th'.

This can be used for self-service while picknicking, by filling with ice and drinks. Another great thing about it is, after the holidays I can remove the vinyl and have a plain bucket or add other decorations on it (eg. Merry Christmas in green vinyl letters and put poinsettias in the bucket - you get the idea).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails